Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy 4/20!

It's 4/20: the day stoners celebrate toking up. I always find it interesting that public celebrations are able to occur, like the one in this cannabisnews.com article at the University of Colorado. The article says that the fine for a small amount of marijuana is not very significant, and police decided not to make a single arrest-- with that large of a crowd, it would cause more trouble than it's worth, and the celebration is an annual tradition.

I support celebrations like that, and I think it's great that marijuana smokers are making a public statement about their drug of choice. I believe that in my lifetime, I will see legalization of marijuana in more and more states (I'm American), and I'm glad to see peaceful demonstrations like this. Honestly, who will be more trouble: a gathering of stoned people, or a gathering of drunk people?

No comments: